A community organisation approached us with the following questions:
- How can we enable young Muslims a 'Safe Space' to be able to discuss issues that they are affected by?
- How can they redress negative stereo types?
- How can they explore and address contemporary issues affecting them?
We put forth a proposal that included:
- Using a newsletter that would bring the above key points together
- The publication would be facilitated by Key Workers, but be written and put together by young people themselves, including graphic design
- This publication could become a catalyst for work further-afield
- Suggesting that they include input form Elected Members, Government Ministers and local religious Scholars